Handbook of Benign Hematology 1st edition
Handbook of Benign Hematology is a practical guide to the diagnosis and management of benign hematologic conditions. The book begins with a chapter on normal hematopoiesis and follows with chapters devoted to groups of blood disorders and syndromes including neutrophil disorders, nonmalignant myeloid disorders, bone marrow failure syndromes, myeloproliferative disorders, anemias, iron metabolism disorders, platelet disorders, hemostasis and coagulation defects, and thrombosis. Each disorder subtype covered features a clinical case, an introduction to the condition, details on diagnosis including applicable criteria and lab work needed, key diagnostic dilemmas, prognosis, treatment options, details on clinical trials and emerging clinical strategies, and bulleted key points to highlight clinical pearls and common pitfalls. The final chapters provide best practices for transfusion medicine and a guide to pharmacologic agents and their uses in clinical practice for adult and pediatric patients. The handbook is filled with tables and illustrations which highlight FDA-approved drug information, clinical trials data, hematopathologic characteristics of different disorders, important management criteria and more, making it the ideal handbook for those in practice or for review.
The Editors and chapter authors are experienced academic practitioners in the fields of adult and pediatric hematology, pathology, blood banking, and pharmacology. Emphasizing best practices for patient management, this handbook is essential for oncologists, hematologists, trainees, and other practitioners who regularly or increasingly receive referrals to diagnose and treat adults or children with nonmalignant hematologic conditions.
- Includes dozens of clinical cases covering all nonmalignant blood disorders
- Emphasizes patient management and best practices for disorders seen in adults and children
- Contains over 30 color images and numerous tables for quick reference
- Presents important details of all pharmacologic agents used to treat or manage hematologic disorders and their complications
- Purchase includes access to the ebook for use on most mobile devices or computers
Download The eBook